XEmacs python-mode question

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jan 13 11:53:47 EST 2006

I'm trying to customize the python interpreter that is used to execute
my scripts from within WinXP, XEmacs, python-mode version
$Revision4.70$, but cannot get it to work.

The only thing that works is M-x customize-group python, and change the
value of 'Python Command'.  However, this changes the interpreter for
all buffers, but I want different buffers use different interpreters.
Is that possible?

What I tried so far:

Insert several variants of '#! py23.cmd' at the top of the buffer - no
effect.

Insert this into the buffer - no effect:
## Local Variables:
## py-python-command: "py23"
## End:

Execute "M-x set-variable py-python-command py23" - no effect.

Can anyone help?

Thomas