application and web app technologies

Roedy Green my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid
Mon Jan 2 19:21:46 EST 2006

On 2 Jan 2006 10:24:54 -0800, cartercc at gmail.com wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

> * Java/JSP -- We have already made the decision to go with Java, but
>we haven't started with it, and have not committed to Java.
> * Python -- Some of us have had limited experience with Python.
> * Ruby -- We have a Ruby advocate here, but no one knows anything
>about it.

In many shops, perhaps yours too, you are relying on volunteers.  The
problem is they suddenly disappear on you leaving no notes.   In that
situation, you want to push for as vanilla technology as possible so
that you have maximal chance the next guy will already be familiar
with the tools.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.