Python or Java or maybe PHP?

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Mon Jan 2 08:04:53 EST 2006

liorm at noks.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I need to write a web app, that will support millions of user accounts,
> template-based user pages and files upload. The client is going to be
> written in Flash. I wondered if I coudl get your opinions - what do you
> think is the best language to use for the server? Python or Java? And
> I'm talking scalability, object oriented, development tools etc.
>
> Thansk for any idea! I'd love to hear it
> Happy New 2006,
> Lior

You may want to review some basic evaluations, which can simplify the
selection process:

(note that this is a work in progress)

http://lazaridis.com/case/lang/index.html

and some community evaluations:

http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/index.html

-

You have to define your requirements.

This way you can manage the complexity of the evaluation.

-

please feel free to contact me with private email.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com