Encoding - unicode

Robert Deskoski darkmooninorbit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:47:12 EST 2006

Hi there,

Currently I have a file with germanic names which are, unfortunately in this
format:
B\xf6genschutz
As well as being mixed with those who actually have the correct character's
in them.
What I am trying to do is convert the characters in the above format to the
correct
format in a text file. The below 5 lines of code work fine, so it changes
the static
line of text correctly, but when it reads lines in from the file, and i
strip the endline off,
it doesn't conver the character's properly. It just keeps them as they are
when printed
and outputted to the screen.

outfile = open("Output.py", 'w')
ingermanfile = open("GermanNames.txt", 'r')

line = "B\xf6genschutz"
print line.decode("iso-8859-1")
raw_input("Yeah")

   while 1: