Threading for a newbie

Koncept user at unknown.invalid
Thu Jan 5 20:21:43 EST 2006

In article <43bdbf38 at nntp0.pdx.net>, Scott David Daniels
<scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:

> You generally want to avoid mutation of anything in more than one
> thread, and prefer to only share reading between threads.  The only
> time you can do more than that is when you _know_ the modification
> is "atomic" -- there is no chance another thread can "see" a
> half-modified value.

Scott. Thanks so much for your reply. Admittedly, It's going to take me
a bit of time to grok what you posted, but I really do appreciate the
help. I was sure that I was going about the the wrong way, and now I
have a new path to follow. It's really nice to have people lend a hand
when others get stumped. I hope to one day be able to contribute here
in a similar manner!

Best.

--
Koncept <<
"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are