Productivity and Quality of IDE

sjdevnull at yahoo.com sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 14:02:43 EST 2006

Daniel J. Rubin wrote:
> I say it entirely depends on what your programming.  For instance, if
> creating a GUI, there is no question that a well developed high quality
> IDE is a huge help -- from the point of view of stub generation and code
> completion, as well as the GUI designer.

Most non-IDE users still use GUI designers and other tools (and many
standalone programmer's editors had code completion long before Eclipse
existed).  I've had no problem using unintegraded gui designers to
build large GUIs.  I fail to see how bundling it in a package with my
editor and debugger would make it more productive.