urllib.urlopen and https question

bowman.joseph at gmail.com bowman.joseph at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:57:34 EST 2006

That's what I get for scimming the documentation too quickly.

Got it, thanks!

For anyone else working on something similar, here is all I did... mind
you, this is my first experience with python.

# subclass of FancyURLopener so we can override the
prompt_user_password method
class DBCheckUrlOpener(urllib.FancyURLopener):
        def prompt_user_passwd(self, host, realm):
                """3 args will be passed, so just catch them.
                """
                sys.exit("Bad user authentication for db check.")