New Python.org website ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Jan 19 15:01:03 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > If I see this correctly, Fredrik would volonteer to (help) implement
> > something that imports the current python.org content into a Wiki.
>
> Exactly.

I don't really have time for this tonight, and I've spent more time copying
and pasting stuff than working on the converter, but I've posted a couple
of rough auto-conversions over at the moinmoin wiki:

    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FredrikLundh/PythonOrg
    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FredrikLundh/PythonOrg/CommunityPage
    http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FredrikLundh/PythonOrg/DevPage

most notably, lists (UL and OL tags) are not properly rendered by the
current converter (I've fixed a few of them by hand)

the next step is to decide whether to use

    <url>?action=format&mimetype=text/xml plus converter

or

    <url> plus scaper plus converter

for the front-end renderer...

</F>