form action

Steve Young drevil_53711 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 15:39:25 EST 2006

 Hi, could somebody help me out. Lets say  that I want to enter a value on say google's search form but i want the  html that is retrieved once i submit the form to first pass through  another server before I (who made the request) see the resulting page.  For example:

  The server's set up so that in url, http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/index.psp?action=retrieve&url=[url of page that user wants to see]

  when action=retrieve, we make a request and return the html of the  'url' back to the user. all the links on the new page are appended with  the servers ip and all that other information so any browsing away from  the page will still do the same action steps. My problem is with forms.  When I hit a form, i append all the above server url info to the action  url of the form. But when teh form is filled out, it sends me back to  the servers default page (not googles). And if i don't touch the action  of the form, it will submit the form and the result is the "normal"  page except now in the url, there's no longer our server info and from  here on out, all the information is no longer routed through the other  server, it just goes directly to the client. I was wondering how I  could get it to send the filled form to say google, and the returned  html, still be routed through the other server first, and then to the  user. Thanks.

  -Steve