- The Dynamic Opportunity - ActiveState Komodo IDE / Open Source

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Sat Jan 28 16:42:43 EST 2006

tclguy at gmail.com wrote:
>>*Weakness*
>>
>>   * Komodo Free Edition Not Available
>>          o Could have e.g. negative influence on Open-Source-Communities

My apologies for the inconvenience.

The corrected sentence:

"Could have negative influence on image (e.g. within
Open-Source-Communities ) "

http://lazaridis.com/samples/com/ActiveState/product.html

>>          o Reduces distribution
>
> You logic is badly flawed.

My statements are normally backupd by rationales.

You can simply verify their validity.

-

"Reduces distribution"

I think no one can doubt that a free version (ideally one which can be
redistributed freely) increases the distribution of a product.

"simplified distribution due to no-cost version (which could be packaged
e.g. within distributions which have not strict open-source
requirements. ActiveState would keep his rights). "

-

The simplified download should be undoubtable, too:

"A free edition would simplify the download procedure drastically. A
link "get the free personal edition" from the main page would be enough.
No license-key required. Quick, Easy and no hassle - get an IDE for 5
dynamic languages."

-

Thank you for notifying me about the wrong wording.

.

--
http://lazaridis.com