Marked-Up Text Viewer for Python/Tkinter

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Tue Jan 31 05:13:33 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:20:50 -0800, James Stroud <jstroud at ucla.edu> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm wondering if there is something that already exists that can take
> marked up text in some format (hopefully reStructuredText or HTML) and
> can convert it into something that can be displayed with Tkinter (maybe
> with Text), either dynamically or otherwise. Minimal functionality would
> be simple formatting and hyperlink callbacks.

I'd say you could what you want within the (now apparently dead) Grail web
browser at:
http://grail.sourceforge.net/
since it is written in Python and uses Tkinter for its GUI.

Unfortunately, their download link seems to be dead. Maybe you can get it
somewhere else?

HTH
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17;8(%,5.Z65\'*9--56l7+-'])"