Problems with import of modules

Carl J. Van Arsdall cvanarsdall at mvista.com
Mon Jan 23 14:10:37 EST 2006

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> I am within a directory
>
> \doc\template\
>
> I launch script.py
>
> within this script.py, I like to import a module from the doc directory.
>
> this here does not work:
>
> form ..\..\module_name import this_one

Well, if you are in linux you can do this easily by changing your
PYTHONPATH environment variable, either by changing it explicitely or by
editing it in your .rc files to append the /doc directory.

Although I don't know specifically where this variable might be if you
are using windows, in either case(windows or linux), you can alter this
from python using sys.path

import sys
sys.path.append("/doc")

Hope that helps,