project ideas

Frank Niessink frank at niessink.com
Thu Jan 19 13:48:16 EST 2006

Stephen Aichele schreef:
> I'm looking for ideas for an intermediate-level python project that
> would allow me to touch on the following:
>
> (a) use of oo design patterns in python
> (b) threading
> (c) socket programming
> (d) wxPython gui interface
> (e) possibly integrate with MySQL
>
> To date I've acquired some experience with (b) through (e), so the main
> thing is coming up with a project that's not overly-complex (read: huge)
> but that still would benefit from the use of design patterns.

Task Coach (http://taskcoach.niessink.com) has (a) and (d). You're
welcome to contribute (e). I don't see much use for threading and (low
level) socket programming right now, but having a real database as
back-end would be nice. User data is currently stored in XML files. Oh,
you would have to add "(f) Test-driven development" to your list, hope
that's not a problem :-)

Cheers, Frank