Codec Search Function

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Thu Jan 26 02:46:00 EST 2006

James Stroud wrote:

> I'm using pyinstaller 1.0 (stable) on win32xp and it is not able to
> find the codec for several encodings (hex, base64, etc.). I resorted
> to writing my own for hex, just to see if I could get my program
> deployed. But I think a more permanent solution would be to get
> pyinstaller working right.
>
> I tried the latest release (unstable version), claiming that it solved
> the problem, but it had problems finding a search function:
>
> LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
>
> I looked at the documentation for codecs.register, and it was really
> not clear exactly how I was to create the search function that needs
> registering. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a small reproducible sample which shows the problem? With
PyInstaller SVN version, the problem appeared to be fixed for the testcases I
had.

BTW: putting "PyInstaller" in the subject of the mail for PyInstaller-related
mails (and/or mailing to the PyInstaller mailing list) would be preferred to
get a quicker answer.

Thanks!
--
Giovanni Bajo