Tkinter listener thread?

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:08:08 EST 2006

Grant Edwards wrote:

> Unless tk.createfilehandler isn't supported no Wni32
> platforms??

 Unfortunately that's the case. As of Python 2.3.4 under Windows XP the
createfilehandler method isn't available. It's only for UNIX as Mac
platforms AFAIK. Shame, as it would be relatively easy to implement.
Instead I'll look to set/check some global flags to hopefully get
things working smoothly. Using Qt it's so much easier. Some apps I used
the QThread class, while others I just set as QTimer instance to run a
regular background process :-(