Unicode Support for ConfigObj (config file reader) Now in SVN

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:11:23 EST 2006

Hello All,

I've added (optional) unicode support for ConfigObj. This is now
available from SVN.

You can specify an encoding to decode the config file on reading. This
maps to an encoding attribute on the ConfigObj instance that is also
used for writing (and can be changed).

You can find it in the SVN repository at :

https://svn.rest2web.python-hosting.com/branches/configobj4/pythonutils/

For details of the unicode support, read my blog entry at :

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/weblog/arch_d7_2006_01_28.shtml#e204

This seems to work fine on the files I've tested it with, but unicode
support is hard to get completely right. I'd appreciate it if anyone
coul;d check it out and try to break it. :-)

There are two remaining questions before I do a beta release. Both
relate to the handling of BOM. Again see the blog.

Comments/opinions sought.

All the best,

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html