Firefox bug in webbrowser module on Ubuntu?!

ncf nothingcanfulfill at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:59:39 EST 2006

This section is the cause of the problem:

        for browser in ("mozilla-firefox", "mozilla-firebird",
                        "mozilla", "netscape"):
            if _iscommand(browser):
                register(browser, None, Netscape(browser))

It's trying to load "mozilla-firefox" as the exec name instead of
simply "firefox".

A potential workaround *might* be to do this:

import webbrowser
if webbrowser._iscommand("firefox"):
    webbrowser.register("firefox", None, Netscape("firefox"))
webbrowser.open("http://www.google.com/")

((Untested))

Best of luck