[OT] Nit: please don't user "it's" unless you can substitute "it is" without changing your inteded meaning.

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Wed Jan 18 23:50:53 EST 2006

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2006-01-19, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au> wrote:
>

>>>Typos happen to all of us, but in case you hadn't realized what "it's"
>>>is a contraction for ("it is"), now you do, and you can save yourself further
>>>embarrassment (assuming you care ;-).
>>>If your friends won't tell you, who will ;-)
>>
>>For all three of the people on the Internet who haven't
>>seen this:
>>
>>http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
>>
>>And in colour:
>>http://www.angryflower.com/aposter.html
>

> But wait, if you follow the rules on the poster, you'd use an
> apostrophe for the possive of "it", right?

But not if you actually followed the link I intended to
send but forgot to:

http://www.angryflower.com/its.gif

--
Steven.