Numarray, numeric, NumPy, scpy_core ??!!

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:45:02 EST 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> Sébastien Boisgérault wrote:
>
> > By the way, I tried numpy 0.9.4 10 minutes ago and guess
> > what ? 'eigenvalue' is broken too ... (hangs forever)
>
> On what platform?
Linux, Mandriva 2006 (gcc 4.0.1, etc.)
> Are you linking against an optimized BLAS?
Nope -- I tried the basic install.

> We can't fix
> anything without details.
Obviously, sorry. I was not really expecting a fix,
just wanted to point out that Numpy (or Numeric)
may well not work "out of the box" today on some
platforms.

The (similar) problem has been reported  (2005-07-11)
is not assigned to anybody and is still open
See: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1369&atid=101369

> I'll be happy to work with you on this bug over on the
> numpy-discussion list.

Great Robert,  I will follow your advice then. Thanks
for the proposal.