Spiritual Programming (OT, but Python-inspired)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 2 21:34:38 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Life is a process, not a thing --
> when a clock runs down and stops ticking, there is no essence of ticking
> that keeps going, the gears just stop. When I stop walking, there is no
> spirit of walk that survives me coming to a halt. I just stop walking.

Yet when one listens to a clock or other repetitive sound for long
enough, when that sound stops one continues to hear a sort of
"after-image" of the sound.

Somewhat like when someone sings a jingle and you just can't get it out
of your head:

    "plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is..."

Perhaps something similar happens with the "ticking" that we call life,
and what happens after death:

    "plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a release this is..."

-Peter

;-)