A weird problem (adodb + mysql)

Daniel Crespo dcrespo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:49:42 EST 2006

Hi to all,

I'm using adodb for accessing mysql and postgres. My problem relies on
the mysql access.

Sometimes, when I try to execute a query (using ExecTrans method
below), I get this error:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'cursor'

Maybe this error ocurrs not in my code, but in the mysql module. Does
anyone had had this problem?

Thanks.

The following is my DB connection class.

class DB:
    def __init__(self, host=None, user=None, password=None,
database=None):
        self.host =
[host,variables.IP_DB][isinstance(host,(types.NoneType))]
        self.user =
[user,variables.USER][isinstance(user,(types.NoneType))]
        self.password =
[password,variables.PASSWORD][isinstance(password,(types.NoneType))]
        self.database =
[database,variables.DATABASE][isinstance(database,(types.NoneType))]

        self.bActive    = True
        self.bConnected = False

    def OpenDB(self):

        success = False
        if self.bActive:
            try:
                self.conn = adodb.NewADOConnection('mysql')
                if not self.conn:
                    Log.log("Can't connecto to DB-Mysql")
                    success = False
                else :
                    #Create the connection
                    ret = self.conn.Connect(self.host, self.user,
self.password, self.database)
                    if ret:
                        Log.log("DB-Mysql connection stablished")
                        success = True
            except:
                success = False
                pass
        else:
            print "DB connection disabled"
        self.bConnected = success
        return success

    def Exec(self,query,simple=False):
        resultado = list()

        #Open a DB connection
        if self.OpenDB():
            Log.log("Executing Query: " + str(query))
            cursor = self.conn.Execute(query)
            if cursor:
                while not cursor.EOF:
                    if not simple:
                        resultado.append(cursor.GetRowAssoc())
                        cursor.MoveNext()
                    else :
                        resultado.append(cursor.FetchRow())
                #Close Cursor
                cursor.Close()
            else:
                resultado = None
            self.CloseDB()
        else:
            resultado = None
        return resultado

    def ExecTrans(self, lQueries):

        success = False
        if self.OpenDB():
            print "Executing Querys: " + str(lQueries)

            #Begin Transaction
            self.conn.BeginTrans()

            #Execute each query in lQueries
            for query in lQueries: