Tkinter Scrollbar not working

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Tue Jan 3 04:10:59 EST 2006

Dustan wrote:
> I'm trying to get a scrollbar bound with a Frame, and I keep on getting
> a scrollbar, but it doesn't actually scroll. Some help, please?

It can be tricky getting an empty frame to scroll, can you post your
example code so that we might be more helpful.  Here is an example of
binding a scroll bar to a Text widget (not exactly the same thing)

## import all names from Tkinter
## bit naughty but I don't mind
from Tkinter import *

# root window
root=Tk()

# text area
text=Text()
text.pack(side="left", expand="yes", fill="both")

# scrolbar for above textarea
sb = Scrollbar(root)
sb.pack(side="right", fill="y")

## bind them both together...

# this line binds the yscrollcommand
# of the text area to the scrollbar set method
text['yscrollcommand'] = sb.set

# this line binds the scrollbars command to
# the yview method of the text area
sb['command'] = text.yview

# mainloop entry
root.mainloop()