how do "real" python programmers work?

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 22:49:31 EST 2006

Scott David Daniels <scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:

> bblais wrote:
> > How do experienced python programmers usually do it?  Is there a
> > "usually" about it, or is it up to personal taste?  Are there any
> > convenient ways of doing these things?
> There are a lot of us who use a test-first process:

Yep, I'm one of those ("TDD", "test-driven development", is the acronym
-- I think concept and monicker are both due to Kent Beck).  I also
strive to convince anybody else to do that if I have any stake in the
success of their programming -- if they're emacsers, bully for them, but
I'm a vi'er myself (I keep telling myself I should learn emacs, but
then, I also tell myself I should stop smoking, and I don't actually DO
anything about that, either;-), and TDD can be used with any editor or
IDE, anyway.

Alex