Numarray, numeric, NumPy, scpy_core ??!!

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:22:51 EST 2006

Sébastien Boisgérault wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>>Sébastien Boisgérault wrote:
>>
>>>By the way, I tried numpy 0.9.4 10 minutes ago and guess
>>>what ? 'eigenvalue' is broken too ... (hangs forever)
>>
>>On what platform?
>
> Linux, Mandriva 2006 (gcc 4.0.1, etc.)

Okay, my answer then is, "Don't use gcc 4." gcc 4 broke enough other projects
that I don't feel too bad about saying that. In the meantime, can you try the
workaround that Greg Landrum suggested?

Also, we are using Trac now to manage numpy, so please submit tickets here:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/

Thanks!

--
Robert Kern