ActivePython & SSL

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 25 12:10:59 EST 2006

[Fuzzyman wrote]
> Hello all,
>
> In the past I've used the ActivePython distribution for windows.
> Particularly their chm help manual is excellent.
>
> I have heard that the ActivePython distribution *doesn't* include SSL
> support compiled in for windows.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour for me ?

That is correct. More details here:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-December/315754.html
    - As Neil pointed out, ActivePython does not currently have SSL bindings
      (the _ssl module) that python.org's Python builds do. We are currently
      going through the legal hurdles so that we can include those. I expect
      that by or before the Python 2.5 timeframe we'll have _ssl in
      ActivePython.

Sincerely,
Trent

--