beta.python.org content

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 26 16:20:00 EST 2006

Peter Maas wrote:

> - The logo does indeed resemble a cross. How about rotating it at 45 deg
>   to make it look like an x? Or give it a circular shape? Please note
>   that there are no religious motives in this remark :)

It looks like a plus sign to me. Do you also advocate renaming "C++" to
"Cxx" or "C (circular shape) (circular shape)"?

Also note that if you made it more of a circular shape, it might
resemble a Ying-Yang symbol, and we would offend the anti-Daoist
programmers. ;-)

(Not that I like the logo, mind you. I just think that "looking like a
cross" is a poor reason to bash it.)