New Python.org website ?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Jan 16 09:06:49 EST 2006

> The nav styles have crept back in sync with the rest of the
> site.. ;-) can you check again and tell me if it looks ok (and
> if not get me another screenie?)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  It looked fine from
home, but the originals were snapped back at work (where my
configuration is diff.)

With the regular style, they don't overlap, but they look cramped:

http://tim.thechases.com/pythonbeta/pythonbeta3moz.gif

With the "large text" page style, the original problem returns:

http://tim.thechases.com/pythonbeta/pythonbeta3mozLP.gif

Both shots are from Mozilla Suite 1.7, but they look about the
same in FF.

It seems to be a font-size issue.  When I crank the font rather
small (using ctrl+plus and ctrl+minus), the overlap becomes
pretty bad.  When I crank the font-size up larger, it seems to
make the problem go away (except for the fact I end up with fonts
that can be read across the room ;)  This symptom is worse in FF
than in MozSuite, though I might not have fonts set the same way
(one may have a minimum-allowed font size, while the other may
not, or something like that).

Using the dev tools in Mozilla suite, it looks like you've got a
<DIV> section (id="body-main") with a fixed margin-left property
of 15em (coming from the styles/styles.css file).  Thus,
depending on your font-size, the body-main element will be
further left or right.

Hope this helps you figure out what's goin' on.

-tim