how-to POST form data to ASP pages?

livin livin at
Sun Jan 1 14:35:06 EST 2006

Hi Alan,

I have tried the code you suggested and a more simple set of post parameters
(below).

        import urllib
        name_value_pairs = {'control_device': 'Kitchen Lights=off'}
        params = urllib.urlencode(name_value_pairs)
        urllib.urlopen("http://192.168.1.11:80", params)

Either way I get this error log...

File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 78, in urlopen
File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 183, in open
File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\urllib.py", line 297, in open_http
File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\httplib.py", line 712, in endheaders
File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\httplib.py", line 597, in _send_output
File "Q:\python\python23.zlib\httplib.py", line 576, in send
File "<string>", line 1, in sendall
IOError
:
[Errno socket error] (10057, 'Socket is not connected')

news:9bUtf.3962$j7.88355 at news.indigo.ie...