Spiritual Programming (OT, but Python-inspired)

Mon Jan 2 19:05:04 EST 2006

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:38:47 -0800, UrsusMaximus wrote:

> It seems to me that, if anything of a person survives death in any way,
> it must do so in some way very different from that way in which we
> exist now.
[snip]

I don't dare ask where your evidence for this hypothesis is, but I will
ask what are your reasons for imagining this? What is the chain of thought
that leads from:

Step 1: We live in a temporal world.

to:

Step N: Our ghost/soul must therefore live in a timeless state.

?

Apart from wishful thinking of course. That's always the major component
in any reasoning about the afterlife. Life is a process, not a thing --
when a clock runs down and stops ticking, there is no essence of ticking
that keeps going, the gears just stop. When I stop walking, there is no
spirit of walk that survives me coming to a halt. I just stop walking.

--
Steven.