why is my hash being weird??

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Jan 20 03:27:04 EST 2006

pycraze wrote:
> Surely adopting the above method is much better than what i have
> approached earlier . The main reason i did adopt this exercise was when
> i have to marshal a 20 - 40 MB above test.py file to the disk , the
> simple load of the test.py will sky rocket my virtual memory
> consumption.
>
>       I was bit troubled with this bottleneck , so i wanted to do some
> research before i come to some conclusions .
>
> Anyways , i really appreciate ur enthusiasm to helping me come to a
> conclusion
>
> Dennis

I'd be interested to know what other languages you have tested with
20-40MB source files, and what conclusions you have arrived at about
them. Particularly since your initial conclusion about Python was
"dictionaries are weird and each entry uses approximately 1kB" :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119