OT: excellent book on information theory

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jan 18 17:26:58 EST 2006

On 2006-01-18, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>> Getting overly sensitive, I guess:  Once your country goes
>> and violates international conventions and UN sanctions,
>> invades foreign countries who haven't attacked it, and
>> starts taking political prisoners, spies on
>> its own citizens, punishes dissent against the ruling party,
>> and starts torturing people, everybody thinks they have a
>> right to criticize you on every nitpicking little thing!
>>
>> I wish I was kidding about all of that.
>
> So the only thing you (the USA) lack is the hundreds of years
> of experience at those activities that Britain has.

Just wait.

I hear that Cheney is having a tower built alongside the
Potomac river. As soon as they figure out what the GS rating
for "royal executioner" is going to be, they can start
scheduling the public beheadings.  The only question left is
how much Fox "News" will pay for exclusive broadcast rights.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Catsup and Mustard
                                  at               all over the place! It's