OT: excellent book on information theory

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Jan 18 16:35:18 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:58:10 +0000
Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Terry Hancock wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 13:28:15 +0000
> > Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> >>They know that the average American could work it out.
> >>They also know  that the average American doesn't like
> >to >do anything remotely like hard  thinking, hence they
> >make >these changes so the books don't read like
> >"foreign >literature".
> >
> > I'll pass on the snobbery.
> >
> I don't know what snobbery is involved: the same is true
> of the average  English reader, but the book was written
> in English.

My apologies, then, I thought you were making a
nationalist remark. I'll agree that people in general
are lazy. ;-)

Getting overly sensitive, I guess:  Once your country goes
and violates international conventions and UN sanctions,
invades foreign countries who haven't attacked it, and
starts taking political prisoners, spies on
its own citizens, punishes dissent against the ruling party,
and starts torturing people, everybody thinks they have a
right to criticize you on every nitpicking little thing!

I wish I was kidding about all of that.