Spiritual Programming (OT, but Python-inspired)

Nicola Musatti nicola.musatti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:35:42 EST 2006

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > Life is a process, not a thing --
> > when a clock runs down and stops ticking, there is no essence of ticking
> > that keeps going, the gears just stop. When I stop walking, there is no
> > spirit of walk that survives me coming to a halt. I just stop walking.
>
> Yet when one listens to a clock or other repetitive sound for long
> enough, when that sound stops one continues to hear a sort of
> "after-image" of the sound.
>
> Somewhat like when someone sings a jingle and you just can't get it out
> of your head:
>
>     "plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is..."
>
> Perhaps something similar happens with the "ticking" that we call life,
> and what happens after death:
>
>     "plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a release this is..."

I have an even more eerie (eerier?) example: I rememeber a family
friend whose husband had recently died saying that she could still feel
his presence about the house.

Yet all these examples appear to me to be better explained as instances
of a form of physiological or psichological inertia than as indications
of the existence of some form of meta reality.

More-platonic-than-pythonic-ly y'rs,
Nicola Musatti