CGI errror in (only in) IIS 6.0 server 2003

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jan 9 08:33:29 EST 2006

David Wahler wrote:

>> I got these errors:
>>
>> HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
>>
>> I already have execute access on the directory.
>>
>> Can anyone help me?
>
> This is an IIS configuration issue, and has nothing to do with Python.
> You will probably get much better responses if you post it in a more
> appropriate group -- a quick search of Google Groups turns up
> microsoft.public.inetserver.iis and
> comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking, to get you started.

checking the IIS documentation may help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318380

    (scroll down a bit for the section that explains common causes for
    the 403.1 message)

the IIS faq page may also be helpful:

    http://www.iisfaq.com

e.g.

    http://www.iisfaq.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2814
    HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden

</F>