zipfile and file permissions

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Fri Jan 20 12:46:05 EST 2006

I'm trying to move the building of a zip file from a shell script into
python.  It is mostly working but when I unzip the files the UNIX
permissions are not preserved.  The zip program I've been using is the
standard(?) one on Linux, from Info-Zip.  Presumably I need to do
something with external_attr in ZipInfo, any pointers?
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent