The Python cross? Was New Python.org website

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 18 03:13:25 EST 2006

Obaid R. wrote:
> Bugs wrote:
>
>>I thought I read here that a new website design was in the works for
>>python.org in time for the new year?  Is that still true and of so,
>>anyone know what is it's status?
>>Thanks!
>

> I googled around and found no background on how the new Python logo
> came to be selected. Does any one know why or how the logo shown in the
> upper left corner of the beta.python.org site was choosen? Which other
> logos were rejected? Is there a particular reason why it is shaped like
> a cross?
>
> Thanks

The history of this choice is lost in the mists of time. Many other
proposals were made and discussed at around the same time, to the extent
that it became clear no one choice could win universal approval.

You are the first person to my knowledge to point out that it is shaped
like a cross. There is no significance in this shape.

Is there, I ask with some trepidation, a specific point to this question?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119