Possible memory leak?

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Wed Jan 25 02:48:30 EST 2006

Tuvas wrote:

> However, I would like to make a few more statements. The max image size
> is 1024x1024. The length of time it takes to do the row statement
> increased fairly substationally every time it was ran, in the order of
> ~.5%. That seems small, but when you run it 1M times, the last
> operation will take 5000 times longer than the original, or about
> ~1sec. And that's just for one row, the entire process would take an
> eternity...

I've just gone back and taken another look at your
original post. You haven't posted the actual code you
are using, have you? The code you posted doesn't
actually return a result, nor does it set a global
variable. As far as I can tell, it just churns for a
while, processing hard, and then throws the result away.

So I'm guessing that it isn't actually your production
code. Did you really think we would be able to debug
some code that you haven't shown us? I mean, some of
the folks on comp.lang.python are really good, but even
they aren't that good *wink*

--
Steven.