How run web software *locally* easily?

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 05:44:36 EST 2006

Check out this recipe using CherryPy ;-)
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/442481

CherryPy's server runs on localhost, also see my tutorial here:
www.serpia.org/cherrypy

bye,
Dimitri

On 5 Jan 2006 16:13:01 -0800, seberino at spawar.navy.mil <
seberino at spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

> If grandma wanted to run some web application software (HTML files,
> CGI/Python scripts)
> *locally*, must she install a full blown Apache server with all the
> trimmings??
>
> Is there some easy way to somehow perhaps embed a minimal web server in
> a Python tar ball
> or some other clever trick to make grandma's life easier?
>
> Chris
>
> --

----
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it
is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
~Arthur Schopenhauer
----
Please visit dimitri's website: www.serpia.org