How do I dynamically create functions without lambda?

Russell russell_turpin at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:18:38 EST 2006

I want my code to be Python 3000 compliant, and hear
that lambda is being eliminated. The problem is that I
want to partially bind an existing function with a value
"foo" that isn't known until run-time:

   someobject.newfunc = lambda x: f(foo, x)

The reason a nested function doesn't work for this is
that it is, well, dynamic. I don't know how many times
or with what foo's this will be done.

Now, I am sure there are a half-dozen ways to do this.
I just want the one, new and shiny, Pythonic way. ;-)