Occasional OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied on Windows

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jan 5 12:35:44 EST 2006

On 2006-01-05, Alec Wysoker <alecw at pobox.com> wrote:
>>> Using Python 2.3.5 on Windows XP, I occasionally get OSError: [Errno
>>> 13] Permission denied when calling os.remove().  This can occur with a
>>> file that is not used by any other process on the machine,
>>
>> How do you know that?
>
> Yeah, good point.  I don't really know.  I should have said no process
> that I am aware of is using the file.

<ObRant>
If you're running XP, there's probably a shocking amount of
stuff going on that you're not aware of.  Even if your machine
isn't 0wned by some script kiddie or other bit of spy/adware
you've uknkowingly installed, it's still 0wned by Microsoft.
</ObRant>

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Make me look like
                                  at               LINDA RONSTADT again!!