Placing graphics & text on printed page - jan06call.jpg (0/1)

Michael Galvin michaelgalvin at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 12:16:02 EST 2006

I am trying to use Python to send to the printer a calender filled
with a mix of text and simple graphics.  I want to draw on the printed
page something like a table with 6 rows and 7 columns to represent a
calendar.  I want to place text precisely within those boxes on the
printed page. I am using Python 2.4 on Windows XP

I was  in the past able to do this within Visual Basic using its
printer object.  Visual Basic's printer object uses a coordinate
system to allow you to draw lines and to place text on the printed
page precisely. I have attached a file "jan06call.jpg" to this message
to illustrate what I am trying to do.

Does Python have a module which would help me do this?

To put it another way, can Python control the placement of text and
graphics precisely on the printed page?

I have scoured my Python programming texts,  python.org, and this
usenet group without success.  Mark Lutz's wonderful book "Programming
Python"  has not one reference to the word "printer" in its index.
Surely, I must be overlooking something or thinking about this wrong.

Michael Galvin
Muskegon, MI