Visualisation Engine for Python

Gerard Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 15:12:30 EST 2006

rodmc wrote:

> I am looking for a 2D data visualisation or graphics library for
> Python. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> rod

I can't help with Python code but there are C++ programs here:

    http://www-rocq1.inria.fr/gamma/cdrom/www/emc2/eng.htm

and here:

    http://www-rocq1.inria.fr/gamma/cdrom/www/bamg/eng.htm

Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique
(INRIA)

It's free for non-commercial use,  permission from INRIA for commercial
use.

As I understand it, there are a number of programs (eg. SWIG, ctypes )
which allow you to   call C++ from Python.  I've never done that sort
of thing myself, but Lutz & Ascher (Learning Python, O'Reilly) say it's
"simple even for nonexperts" pp525, 2nd ed.

hth

Gerard