Compressing folders in Windows using Python.

sri2097 srikar2097 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 07:07:11 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to zip a particular fiolder and place the zipped folder into
a target folder using python. I have used the following command in
'ubuntu'.

    zip_command = 'zip -qr %s %s' % (target, ' '.join(source))

I execute this using os.command(zip_command). It works fine...

But when I run this script in Windows XP, I get an error while
executing the above zip command. What command is there to zip files in
Windows? Or is there any other problem ?