PyQt calling an external app?

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:38:20 EST 2006

Paul Boddie wrote:

> What does os.startfile do when invoked with the URL? My impression was
> that the startfile function - available only on Windows - doesn't wait
> for the command to finish, but I don't run Windows and can't test this.
> Any feedback would be appreciated, though, since it's part of the
> desktop module I proposed a while back:
>
> http://www.python.org/pypi/desktop
>

> Paul

Thanks! That worked perfectly. Sorry for all of the n00b questions, as
I'm only about a week or two into learning Python. I had about 1+ year
of experience coding in Ruby and am trying to translate a Qt app I
wrote in Ruby into Python. So there are some differences in each
language's Qt implementation. So far I am very impressed with Python's
maturity in terms of language consistency and available libraries. Plus
everyone is very responsive within the community.

Thanks again!