Can a simple a==b 'hang' in and endless loop?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Jan 19 12:31:24 EST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:22:34 +0100
Claudio Grondi <claudio.grondi at freenet.de> wrote:
> this is still _not_ what I am looking for, because Python
> detects here  the problem and throws an exception. What I
> am looking for is an endless  loop where there is no any
> response from Python about a problem.

I seriously doubt that what you are looking for exists.
Without manipulating __eq__, python comparisons are pretty
straightforward.  Unless the object itself were infinite,
you couldn't get an infinite loop, and you've seen what
happens when you create an infinite object by recursion.

"""
Two boys sat near the airport, enthralled to watch the
planes launching, but strangely disappointed.  One turned
to the other, and said "Aww, that one didn't blow up
either".
"""
;-)

Cheers,