Filename case-insensitivity on OS X

Maarten maarten.sneep at knmi.nl
Wed Jan 4 09:31:58 EST 2006

Piet van Oostrum wrote:
> It seems that with Tiger, HFS+ can be made case-sensitive. I haven't seen
> it, only read about it.

Yes, indeed, that is possible. I tried it, once. Right now I'm using
the case insensitive version again, which should tell you how well it
works - the canon utilities of my camera refused to work for me, as did
Audacity. I didn't encounter any other problems, but that was enough
for me.

As to UFS: it is apparently way slower than HFS+, and only recommended
in special cases, most of which are now advised to use Case-sensitive
HFS+, I believe.

Maarten