Application architecture (long post - sorry)

limeydrink at hotmail.com limeydrink at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:50:20 EST 2006

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the response.

And yeah, you're right, after a bit of investigation I found you can
pay for an unlimited mobile data usage and it's not that expensive so
thanks for prompting me.

Ok then, web it is, just wondering how you can test the web application
while developing and how do you find out the capabilities of the
browser, I now have browsed WAP pages on my Windows smartphone, is
there any difference to developing a WAP/WML solution to a HTML -
obviously it's in a different markup language, but is there anything
else that is needed between the client and the webserver ?

I have only ever played at web development in the past and I used MS
Active Server Pages and this seemed pretty straightforward, I know you
can use Python as the scripting language for ASP but I want something
platform neutral, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some
similar framework for Python on both Linux and Windows.

Thanks again.