inline function call

Riko Wichmann riko.wichmann at remove-this.desy.de
Wed Jan 4 11:07:54 EST 2006

Hey guys,

thanks for all the quick replies! In addition to the tips Peter and
Stuart gave me above, I also followed some of the hints found under

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSpeed/PerformanceTips

That greatly improved performance from about 3 minutes initially (inner
loop about 2000, outer loop about 10000 runs - I think) down to a few
seconds. My question on the inline function call was triggered by the 3
minute run on a pretty small statistic (10000 events) Monte Carlo
sample. Now, I'm much more relaxed! :)

One of the biggest improvements in addition to using psyco was actually
being careful about avoiding global namespace lookup.

So, thanks again, I learned a great deal about efficient python coding
today! :)

Cheers,

             Riko