use browser setting for internet

Wish wgandhi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:08:10 EST 2006

Hi
I have a problem with my script in python which uses xmlrpc. The script
loses internet connection when it is used behind a firewall. I realize
that the firewall is specified by using the http_proxy environment
variable. However, the proxy server is automatically configured. I dont
have access to its port or the IP.
I have seen applications which have a select box to use the internet
connection setting of the browser to connect to the web. I dont know
how to access this connection setting in Python. Any help will be much
appreciated..
-Wish