How login & download file from remote web site? Passwords a problem?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 9 19:43:58 EST 2006

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> Gene
>
> Thanks for links but I'm not sure what to do with them!  The links were
> about testing
> frameworks.  I just want to write a script to grab stuff from a remote
> site (kinda like automatic ftp).
>
> Perhaps those tests you were referring to have code to do what I'm
> looking for?\

I think the implication was that you'd need to do the appropriate
research to answer the question. However, if you want your software to
log into a web site on the user's behalf I don't really see that you
have much alternative than to ask them for the required information.

If you suspect they'll sue you for abuse of the data they enter, go find
another set of users ;-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119